Checking your voter ID card status is now very easy, thanks to the internet. Since elections are coming up, some of you might be looking forward to your voter ID cards. If you are one of them, this article is going to help you a lot. If you want to track your Voter ID card Status, you can follow the steps mentioned here and check status without any issues.
Pre-Requisites to check your Voter ID card Status
Whenever you submit any application form, you get an acknowledgement number. So, when you submitted your voter ID application form, you must have got a reference number. You need to note it down especially. This is the number that would help you to track the voter ID card status in future. So be very careful about it. Generally, it is an 11 digit number. So, after noting it down, make sure that you count the digits for confirmation.
Why it is Important to Track Voter ID card Status
Generally, when people apply for a voter ID card, they get their voter ID card within 2 months. However, in some cases, it might not get processed. In such a case, you need to find out what happened to your application and why it was stuck.
Hence, tracking the voter ID card status from time to time is important. You don’t know where you made a mistake and where authorities miss out on something. So, if you keep a track of the status of your Voter ID card, you would at least be aware on what to do.
Once you are sure that the application is stuck, you can contact the zonal office. Once you get in touch with them, they would explain you the issue. Also, they would advise you what the best thing to do in your case is.
Various Ways to Track Voter ID card Status
Initially, people had to visit the electoral office physically to track the status of their voter ID card. However, in the recent times, tracking the voter ID card status has become extremely easy. If you use internet, you can just check it online. However, there are various other ways as well. You have below options to check the status of any voter ID card.
- Visit the official ECI website and check the status.
- Call the helpline number and then follow the instructions. After some time, you will get to know the status of your voter ID card application.
- You can also send an SMS to the concerned authorities and they would get back to you with the status of your application.
Steps to Check Status of Regular Voter ID card
- First of all, you need to visit the NVSP website. NVSP stands for national voter’s service portal. They have a full website designed for voter ID card purpose.
- You must be having a reference ID that you would have got while submitting your application form. You will see a box where you need to enter it. Just click on it and enter the reference ID.
- After that, you will need to click on the button displaying “Track Status”.
- As soon as you click on it, you would see a screen displaying the status of your application.
Steps to Check Status of Voter ID Correction
In case you have applied for a correction in your voter ID card, you can check the status of that as well. You must have submitted Form 8 in such a case. All you have to do is follow below steps.
- Go to the National Voter’s Service portal.
- Enter the reference number that was provided to you earlier when you submitted the correction form.
- Click on the “Track Status” button which is present alongside this box.
- You will now see the status of your application on the screen.
You have an option to bookmark the page as well. For example, if your application is in pending status, just bookmark it. And then later, you can open the page from your bookmarks and see if the status is updated. There is no need to enter all the details again and again.
You also have an option to track the status of your voter ID card application through phone. If you have BSNL or MTNL landline phone at your home or workplace, just dial “1950” from it and then follow the instructions. You would soon get to know about your voter ID card status.
Keep in mind that generally any correction of Voter ID card takes a time of up to 3 weeks. So, do not panic if you don’t see your status changing. It will change eventually and the correction would be done. However, if you notice no change even after 3 weeks, you should contact the electoral office.
What if you don’t have Reference Number?
Though reference number is important, if you don’t have it, you can search by name. Just go to the official website. Enter all the details including name, father’s name, age, gender, state name, district name etc. You would get your details.
In case you have any doubts, please write to us in the comments section below.