Himmat Android App for Women Safety is an app by Delhi government. As the name suggests, this app will help women in the time of emergencies. After so many mishaps in the capital city of Delhi, government decided to take this initiative. The app is very simple to use. You just need to press the power button twice. And as soon as you press it, the app will dial police control room number.
You can also change the settings of the app. And after changing, you don’t even need to press the power button twice. You can just shake the phone and the call will go to police control room automatically.
How to use the Himmat Android App for Women Safety
- The app is available at Google Play Store. You can also download it from the Delhi Police Website.
- First of all, you will need to register on the official website of Delhi Police to use the app. The registration page will ask you certain details. And these details include name, address, photo ID etc.
- Apart from the above details, the app will ask 5 contact numbers which you would like to call during the time of emergency. Here, you can give numbers of your parents, siblings, friends etc.
- After filling up the registration details, you need to click on Generate OTP.
- OTP will come on your phone number. Just enter it into the given box and the app would get installed. The app is now ready to use.
Do I need to pay any fee to use Himmat Android App for Women Safety?
No. the Himmat Android App for Women Safety is absolutely free of cost. You can download it for free.
Also read Beti Bachao Beti Padhao.
Working of the Himmat Android App for Women Safety
- Whenever a user will press the power button twice or shake the phone, the app will generate an SOS alert.
- On this alert, Delhi Police Control Room will automatically get a call. And along with that, they will get the location of the user as well as the audio-video information. Front as well as rear camera will get switched on.
- The police will then track the location and send the nearest Police officials to the vicinity of the victim.
Other Features of the Himmat Android App for Women Safety
- The app also has a feature to send emergency text messages.
- The 5 contact numbers which you provide at the time of registration will get these texts. You just have to press the distress button and a 30 second audio-video clip will be sent to those contacts. The police will also receive this clip and once it reaches police control room, they will call the victim back.
- In case the user misuses the app and generates false SOS alerts, the police will cancel her registration. Maximum number of false attempts allowed are 3.
- However, re-registering for the app is possible. They need to send an email to the team mentioning the reason and their phone number.
Government is trying to target working women who have to travel late at night sometimes. Hopefully, this app will come handy to them at the times of emergency. Write to us in the comments section below if you have any difficulty to use the app.