Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana is a scheme launched by Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship. There are a number of young people in India who are graduate but they still do not have industry standard skills. So, the main aim of the PMKVY is to make it possible for the Indian youth to take up trainings that will teach them industry-relevant skills.
As a result of better skills, they will get better jobs in future. And hence, they will perform better in their life. In case a person already has a skill, then also he/she can join the scheme. In that case, they will get an RPL certificate. RPL stands for Recognition for Prior Learning. The most attractive feature of the scheme is that the fee would be completely taken care by the government. So, this will enhance the youth to participate more and more in this scheme. This scheme is also popular by the name of Skill India Scheme.
Key Features of the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
- One of the best things about the scheme is that its brand ambassador is Sachin Tendulkar.
- The Indian youth will get the important skills. And they can get better jobs with the help of this scheme.
- NSDC will implement the scheme.
- The government is planning to cover as many as 24 lakhs people all over the country under the scheme. The main aim is to develop better skills among Indian youth. This will make it possible for them to get better jobs in the future.
- The people attending the skill program will also get a cash reward. Though the exact amount is not decided yet, most probably they will get approx. Rs. 8000.
- The government will appoint special third party bodies to judge the candidates from time to time. They will carry our various exams to judge the trainees.
What are the Benefits of the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana?
- The Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana will make the youth of India more capable. They will earn more after learning more. They will get proper training which will make them industry ready.
- This Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana hopes to bring down the unemployment rate in the country.
- The many individuals who are still searching for jobs will get to know exactly what to do and where to apply.
- Finally, the earning made by the country’s youth will also add to the country’s economy.
Also read : Delhi Police Senior Citizen
Who can apply for the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana?
A candidate must fulfil below criteria to apply for the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana.
- They should have a valid proof of Indian residence.
- Also, they should enroll themselves under a training program.
- They should be willing to work in various sectors whichever they are eligible for.
- It should be their first time to apply for the scheme and get the reward.
How to Apply for the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
Application process for the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana is very easy. You just need to follow below steps:
- There is an official web portal for the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana. The people who want to apply for the scheme need to log on to the portal.
- They will see an online form there. You need to fill up the form and then submit it online.
- They have to select the training center as well. The training centers are divided category wise as per the location and skills.
- Once you submit the form, the process will start.
You will get a text once the process of your application is complete. Government is trying to get as many registrations as possible for this scheme. And hence, they are also organizing many Kaushal melas, which means, skill fairs.
What are the Key Components of the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana?
- Short Term Training: This refers to the training which will be provided over a time period of a few months to the person.
- Recognition of Prior Learning: This is for an individual who has a prior learning, but they don’t have a certificate for that. He can take up the exam and get the certificate.
- Special Projects: A stakeholder can deploy a special project which deviates a little from the Short Term Training guidelines.
- Kaushal and Rozgar Mela: Government will organize such fairs regularly to make people aware about the scheme. Also, they will collect registrations through this fair.
- Placement Guidelines: The scheme will make sure that there are enough job opportunities in the market. So, when the youth is trained, they can be moved to work locations.
- Monitoring Guidelines: Skills Development Management System (SDMS) will continuously monitor the scheme.
How will the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana Function?
The working of the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana is in a very organized manner. And it will follow below steps.
- First of all, the candidates selected for the scheme will get a particular training center. This means that their entire training will happen in that particular center. And the government will authorize these training centers itself.
- They will get to know the training course. Also, they will get a training partner.
- Now, it is the training partner’s responsibility to collect the data from the candidate. They will send the data across and then initiate the further processing of his/her training.
- The training will then start officially.
- Once the training is complete, an assessment will be organized. And then the candidates will need to clear that assessment. Once the assessment is clear, they will get their certification.
- This certificate will mention that the candidate is trained in that particular course.
- After this certification, candidates will get the reward money in their respective bank accounts.
It is mandatory to link the Aadhar number with the bank accounts to get the reward money. NSDC will verify the Aadhar numbers before giving out reward money.
If you need any further clarification regarding the scheme, you can call the helpline number – +91 8800055555. Also, write to us your opinion on the scheme in the comments section below.