Rashtriya Avishkar Abhiyan will motivate Indian kids and youth to take part in innovations. This mission was launched by the formal President of India, Dr. Abdul Kalam Azad. He wanted the students to develop innovation skills. Government is also planning to rename the mission to APJ Abdul Kalam Rashtriya Avishkar Abhiyan.
When he launched the scheme, he said, “We learn to live, we learn to think and we learn to learn”. So, it is clear from his words that it is important to give more attention to science. Further, kids should develop this habit of innovative thinking from their childhood itself. The Rashtriya Avishkar Abhiyan is a start to inculcate such thinking among Indian students.
Key Objectives of the Rashtriya Avishkar Abhiyan
- Children should develop an interest in science and mathematics. And the Rashtriya Avishkar Abhiyan aims at that.
- The scheme will also try to make kids love inquiry and creativity. So, they can come up with their own ideas.
Also read : Indian railway insurance.
Key Features of the Rashtriya Avishkar Abhiyan
- Generally, kids think more than adults. They can think beyond the possibilities. Hence, the scheme is focused on kids.
- It is a new and unique concept. Currently, there is no other project similar to this one.
- The scheme will make major changes in the way schools function.
- Higher Education institutions such as various IITs will mentor the schools. This way, schools will know how exactly they should teach their students.
- The government will also make the schools to organize science and mathematics clubs. However, students will have to join them only if they are interested.
- The number of inter school science and mathematics competitions will also increase. So, students will have more chances to innovate.
- Time to time, government will also ask schools to organize educational trips, the students can go to some science and mathematics museums and fairs. This will help them understand the importance of innovation and technology in deeper detail.
What changes will the Rashtriya Avishkar Abhiyan bring in School System?
- A special training to be given to teachers of science and maths.
- Proper assessments for Science and maths would take place.
- Schools will recruit more number of science and maths teachers.
- The school labs will get adequate equipment. Also, if a school is financially weak, government will help to strengthen it.
- Classroom teaching for the subjects of science and maths will also change. If the school is short of any learning resources such as books, government will provide it.
- And the schools will deploy latest technologies even while teaching. This way, kids will learn the uses of technology. And this will motivate them further to create something of their own.
The Rashtriya Avishkar Abhiyan also aims at making the parents aware of the need of innovation. So, the kids will get support from their home as well. This would help in a better development of kids. Any student who takes interest in science and maths will not shy away. You can let us know your opinion on the Rashtriya Avishkar Abhiyan through the comments section below.