Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Shramev Jayate Karyakram will sole the labor issues in India. Narendra Modi felt that the laborers were not getting the required attention all this while. And hence, they had to go through many problems. With the launch of the Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Shramev Jayate Karyakram, the government will address their problems and find out solutions to them. Read on to know more about the scheme.
The scheme cover 5 parts, which we discuss here from top to bottom. As per the Prime Minister, the laborer in the country is in fact the builder of the nation. And hence, he should get due importance. And, his issues should come first.
What are the Various Components of the Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Shramev Jayate Karyakram?
Under the Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Shramev Jayate Karyakram, PM launched several small schemes. These schemes combine to make up the whole program. Below schemes come under it, as listed by the government on their official website.
- A Dedicated Shram Suvidha Portal
- An all-new Random Inspection Scheme
- Universal Account Number
- Apprentice Protsahan Yojana
- Revamped Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana
If you want to know what all recent schemes are launched by government, click here.
Features of the dedicated Shram Suvidha Portal
- This portal will give a good environment to the laborers. This will improve the industry development.
- With the help of Shram Suvidha Portal, the laborers will get a unique Labor Identification Number. This is the LIN of the laborer. As many as 7 lakh units will get this.
- And the units can register online using this LIN.
- Whenever a particular laborer has any complaint against something, they can log on to the portal and lodge their complaint. The good part about complaining this way is that it will be heard. And they will get the solution to the same within the minimum possible time.
- The entire database of the laborers will be at a single place. So, if a person wants to access any info, he/she can just log on to this portal and get the info.
Features of the new Random Inspection Scheme
- The authorities will first decide a criteria for inspection. And then, they will feed it into the software. The software will then generate a random list for inspection. As per the list, the authorities will inspect.
- And the list will cover the most serious matters too.
- If the center receives any complaint, then a separate inspection is carried out to serve that particular complaint.
- And as soon as an inspection is held, the authorities will expect the reports in the portal within 72 hours.
- And, even if the inspection is sudden, they will follow the compliance mechanism. This will make sure inspection is complete and delivers the best results.
Features of the Universal Account Number
- The UAN will make it easy for the laborers to view their PF. Also, they will get better benefits with increased portability.
- Each laborer will get a UAN and hence, the data of all the laborers will become online.
- The government will link the UAN with the Aadhar number as well as the bank account number. In the coming time, UAN will become one of the important KYC documents.
- When a laborers moves locations of jobs, he will still get the benefits.
- A laborer will get an SMS on his/her registered number as soon as the EPF account is updates. This SMS will contain a confirmation.
- They will access their accounts directly. So, in case they had multiple accounts previously, they will have an option to consolidate them all.
Features of the Apprentice Protsahan Yojana
One of the main schemes under the Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Shramev Jayate Karyakram is Apprentice Protsahan Yojana. As the name suggests, this scheme will encourage apprentices. Few features of the scheme are as under.
- Currently, there are 2.9 lakhs apprentices in India. Government want to raise it to approx. 2 lakhs.
- The scheme was already there in the country but after proper consultation with state governments as well as industries, it is revamped. Now, it will provide better benefits to the laborers.
- Now, under this scheme, it will become very easy for youth to approach the legal practices. Earlier, there were a lot of complications legal framework. Now, it is all very easy.
- The government is planning to increase the minimum wages that the employees get.
- The scheme will cover as many as one lakh apprentices.
Features of the Revamped Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana
- Under this scheme, people working in the unorganized sectors will receive the benefits.
- The grievance redressal system will see major changes. It will become easy for workers to complain. And it will also become easy to address those issues.
- The government is also planning to improve the IT architecture under this scheme. This will help to monitor the scheme in a better way.
- Government will also introduce a wellness check. This is a kind of preventive measure to avoid the upcoming issues.
- Various social security schemes such as the Aam Admi Bima Yojana, National Old Age Pension Scheme and many others will come under one umbrella.
Benefits of the Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Shramev Jayate Karyakram
- The condition of the laborers in India will improve drastically with the launch of this program. As a start, the laborers earning Rs. 6500 per month will now get Rs. 15000 per month.
- When the laborers retire, they do not get any pension. But under this program, they will get a pension of at least Rs 1000 per month even after they retire.
- Managing of the PF accounts has also become easy for the laborers. They can access it online, view and withdraw funds as required. Earlier, this was a long process.
- With the introduction of UAN, is a laborer changes employer, they will not need to change their PF account as well. They can just ask for a transfer of the same. And the bank will do it in a matter of a few days.
If you have any queries about the scheme, you can write to us in the comments section below.