How to link your aadhar card to ban account for ATAL PENSION YOJANA (APY) – PRADHAN MANTRI JEEVAN JYOTI BIMA YOJANA (PMJJBY)
The APY scheme is applicable for any Indian within the age of 18-40 years. But if you are a member of the statutory social security scheme then you will only get the normal benefits of the APY and not the benefits of the contributions made by the government.
The government is taking steps for the contribution in APY. As said by the current Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi that if you make a contribution of more than ₹ 2000 on or before 31st December 2015 then the government will provide you with ₹ 1000 per year for the first 5 years. Incase if it is less than ₹ 2000 then you will be provided with ₹ X/2 by the government.
Although it is important to note that the following people won’t get the privilege of the government contributions:
- Those who work in a private company.
- Those who are income tax payers.
- Those who are state or government employees.
- Those who have an EPF or EPS account.
PRADHAN MANTRI SURAKSHA BIMA YOJANA (PMSBY)
This scheme was basically started with the objective to increase people with some kind of insurance. It was started by the current PM Mr. Narendra Modi on 9th May 2015 and is assisted by the current Finance Minister Mr. Arun Jaitley.
The PMSBY scheme is for all those Indian between the age group of 18-70 years holding a bank account. It has an annual premium of ₹12 (excluding service tax) which will be automatically debited in your account when you apply for this scheme.
Accidental death/Full disability: loss of use in both eyes, hands or feet
Payment to the nominee: ₹ 2 Lakhs
Partial disability: loss of use in one eye, hand or foot
Payment to the nominee: ₹ 1 Lakh
Depending on the option you have given during the enrolment, a premium amount will be deducted from your savings bank account through something known as ‘auto debit’ facility. This will be in one installment for an entire year. You can also give one particular time whenever you wish to use the auto debit facility as the scheme might re-calibrate from year to year depending on the peoples experience.
However this scheme is not applicable for the following:
- Once you turn 70 or are about to within a few months, the cover will get terminated and you will not get any benefit of payment from the scheme.
- If you have insufficient balance to keep the insurance at the time of renewal, then the account will get closed.
- In case you have more than 01 account and you have paid the premium by mistake then the insurance cover will be restricted to one account only and the premium shall be liable to be forfeited.
These are just a few examples. You can get more details from the bank from where you will receive an application form while applying for PMSBY scheme.
PRADHAN MANTRI JEEVAN JYOTI BIMA YOJANA (PMJJBY)
The main thing about PMJJBY scheme is that you would have to opt for the same every year. In case you want to go with this scheme for a long run then every year your account will be auto debited by the bank.
LINK BETWEEN YOUR AADHAAR CARD AND THESE 03 SCHEMES
You really don’t need the Aadhaar card while subscribing for any of these 03 schemes but you would have to show it in order to enjoy the benefits provided by these schemes.
Since Aadhaar card consists of each person’s unique identification number, their finger prints as well as the eye scans, making a fake Aadhaar card is just impossible. This helps in stopping the financial leakage as well as none of the people would dare to take undue advantage of the government schemes.
You can directly link your Aadhaar card with your bank account using either of the following ways:
- Bank’s ATM: You can go to the respective ATM bank and swipe your ATM card. Once you have entered your pin, you might get an option that says “Link Aadhaar Number” or “Aadhaar Card Seeding”. As you type in your 12 digit Aadhaar card number, it will be updated in the system of your bank. The bank will confirm you the same via an SMS or an E-mail.
- Bank Account Offline: Either you can visit your Bank branch or LPG Gas Distributor and collect an Aadhaar card seeding form. You can also download this form from the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas website. Once you are at the bank provide a photocopy of your Aadhaar card and also carry your original for verification purposes. You will soon get an SMS confirming your application.
- Direct SMS: You would have to visit your bank to continue the work later at home. it’s the bank which will provide you with a specific code and number at which you can send an SMS, all you need to do is take details from them. The main purpose of the SMS is to fill the details of your Aadhaar card in your bank system. As the details get verified, you will be sent an SMS regarding the confirmation.
These initiatives taken by the government in the form of schemes is majorly to help the poor people in a great way by providing them the proper insurance. However, you should definitely try and get at least one of these schemes at the earliest to avoid rough functioning of your legal process.